Re: Help setting up linux for high quality music listening via JACK

On 6/29/06, Jouni Rinne <jouni.rinne@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Mark Knecht kirjoitti:

> Why are you using Gentoo, on the Linux Audio Users list, and not using
> the Pro-Audio overlay for Gentoo? Into making life very hard?!?!?

Well, *I* have used Gentoo for almost one-and-a-half years now, but only
recently started to dabble with the Linux music making applications. I have
become only gradually aware about the Gentoo audio app overlays... If I had
known about them from the start, I would never have learned how to make my own
ebuilds :)

JR

The Pro-Audio overlay only appeared (I think) about 2-3 months ago so
you are not that far behind. However, if you have ebuilds that are not
in the overlay then donate them to the overlay maintainers and see
that they make it in.

- Mark