Rui's rtirq script for debian?

Hello,

Some days ago I discovered Rui Nuno Capela's script for realtime kernels. I'm trying to use it with my own custom kernel with Ingo's RT patches in Ubuntu Linux. I found a debian package made by Free Ekanayaka but it's an older verion, so I downloaded the latest rpm from Rui's site and converted it to deb using alien. For the post-install I executed the postinst script that I found inside Free's deb package. I would like to ask you a couple of questions: the first one, would the script taken from the rpm work in a debian distro? and if not, does anyone know of any debianized package of the script's latest version?

Thanks!

Hector