Re: card abruptly changed name

paul santa clara wrote:

Hey everyone,
I'm running two identical m-audio delta 410 cards. Today, i booted up my machine and noticed that ALSA had suddenly decided to label one as a "Hoontech SoundTrack Audio DSP24". The driver remains the same, ice1712, but I'm wondering if anyone has encountered similar behavior and has an explanation. Is this a potential source of problems?

thanks a bunch,
-paul

You could be looking at the OSS name for the chipset. on my emu10k1 the oss mixer is called something funky like tritech so and so. does lspci still look right? If not, then you may have data corruption on your pci bus. That happened to me once to where a sb16 card showed up as a whatever manufacturer has the hex code Ox0000.

brian