Re: Multiple Cards(sorry, i know it's an ancient topic)

On May 24, 2006, at 8:32 AM, Rick Wright wrote:

paul santa clara wrote:

Hi everyone,
I am attempting to utilize my asound.conf to create a virtual interface out of two delta 410 cards. There are several examples of this online, but even after digesting them and plunging into the ALSA doxygen docs, i am still unable to make jackd happy. My understanding is that a route plug is inefficient but necessary for jack to lock down the memory(unless the MMAP_COMPLEX patch is applied). Using jack 0.99.0

jackd -v -d alsa -P ttable_play         results in the error...
ALSA lib pcm_multi.c:970:(_snd_pcm_multi_open) Unknown field 10
ALSA: Cannot open PCM device alsa_pcm for playback. Falling back to capture-only mode.

The playback portion of my asound.conf follows. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I actually thought I understood the configuration process until it failed to work. ;)

thanks in advance,
-paul

pcm.multi_playback {
     type multi
slaves.a.pcm hw:1 <---------------------- "hw:0"?
     slaves.a.pcm channels 10
     slaves.b.pcm channels 10
#note that ice1217 chip actually has 10 outs(8 analogue on 410)

I don't know much about .asoundrc configuration, but should the "hw" index start at 0?

Yeppers, but AlSA defines card 0 to be my main board's built in audio.
card 0 -> CK8S
card 1 -> M410
card 2 -> M410

thanks,