Denormal problems with some LADSPA plugins

Hi everyone

I'm having denormal problems with some LADSPA plugins, mainly the Triple Band Parametric with Shelves, Plate Reverb and Glame High Pass filter (which I started to use to replace that function in the Parametric). They are really useful plugins but after a short space of time an instance of one of them will start racking up thousands of Xruns and processor usage climbs inexorably towards 100%.

I occasionally had problems before but it seems a lot worse since I moved to DeMuDi 1.3 and the later version of Ardour that ships with it, but it's probably just a case of selective memory.

Sampo suggested on the Ardour forum that I should try compiling the SWH plugins using SSE instructions -- thanks for that. I got the latest tar of the plugs and compiled them using those instructions but unfortunately it hasn't cured the problem. Probably I did something wrong -- I can't say I fully understood the options in the Readme.

Has anyone any advice on how to cure this problem, or any ideas where I might have gone wrong compiling with SSE instructions? Preferably in words of one syllable or fewer ;-)

I'm using a Pentium 4 if that makes any difference to anything.

Thanks in advance,

qb