Firewire devices and Linux

Hello!Me and some of my friends are going to live together for a while in acouple of months. One friend of mine is a musician, and he wants to bebe able to record his tunes in our new place. I'm going to bring my PCwith me, so we thought he'd buy some recording device and we'llconnect it to my computer and will share it.
I'm running Linux of course, and he got no problem with it, but afterlooking for a recording device for a while, it seems like Linuxdoesn't support most of them.
The most appealing ones are those which can be connected via Firewire.They're cheap and functional.
I heard about FreeBoB, but it seems like it's an (very) early project,and that I shouldn't count on it.
Are there any recording devices like the "Focusrite Saffire", the"Alesis iO-26", the "RME Fireface 400", the "M-Audio Firewire 410",etc, that are around 350$USD and that Linux supports?
In the worst case, I can always dual-boot, but I really wanted us touse Linux for the music stuff.
Thanks!Yo'av.