Recording Level using Audacity and a Multiface card

Just wondering if I am doing things right. Trying to record a 94 dB SPL sinusoid using a B&K microphone connected into the analogue input of an RME multiface card, I see levels at about -37 dB. This is when the hdspmixer is set such the recording level is the most sensitive.

Is this about right? This means that I can potentially record very high levels but I am worried about missing out the lower levels.

DS