Re: MIDI tools in latest wine, success and ...

David Baron wrote:

Question: The new setup dialog (run wine with no argument an click configure) apparently is not using the ~/.wine/config file. What does it use? I note provision for more than one sound "driver" in that dialog--right now I only have OSS (what I chose in ~/.wine/config because others did not work). So:

Are all the sound libraries on winelib as they were or do I need to download separate alsa and jack, etc, packages to activate these options? (Using jack might solve the timing issues.)
Hi David:

Lately I've been using the pre-packaged WINE system from Demudi/Debian Etch. The configuration stuff is now done via the wineconf utility (or winecfg, I don't remember and I'm away from the relevant machine). WINE will cheerfully ignore any previous ~/.wine/config file.

For Debian, I had to download the libwine-alsa and libwine-jack packages before those choices appeared in the wineconf panel. I have not severely tested the latest JACK support, I hope it's improving.

Best,

dp