Re: CFLAGS for compiling audio programs - a little advice

Brian Dunn wrote:
Does anyone out there have good performace for audo apps with a simalar chip and what flags are you using?

My cflags for a P4M are "-O2 -march=pentium4 -fomit-frame-pointer -pipe". As far as I understand it, the "Gentoo way" of using CPU specific features is through USE flags (in your case mmx, sse, sse2). That should make sure you get all the working hardware specific code enabled without breaking anything. Might not wring out every last drop of performance but as you've discovered that quest can lead to segfaults.

--
Jonny

Music - http://jeremah.co.uk
News - http://voxpolis.com