From: Hector Centeno-Garcia <h.centeno@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: A list for linux audio users <linux-audio-user@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re:  ANN: Bristol 0.9.4
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2006 10:15:58 -0400

Nick Copeland wrote:

The bristol synthesiser emulation software 0.9.4 has been uploaded to sourceforge.

It includes the finalised Oberheims, a Rhodes Bass piano. The Korg MonoPoly has been added but is work in progress. The filters were rewritten and many of the waveform generation algorithms. Contributions mean it should now compile on 64bit systems.

The audio interface now includes native Jack support, but this is the first release with this code and your millage may vary. The engine will register for one input port and two output ports. The engine may have to run as root at the moment until more realtime support is put into the code. Initial feedback from beta testing was mixed, so the standard disclaimer applies - "it works on my system".

Feedback on the jack interface directly if possible: mailto:nickycopeland@xxxxxxxxxxx

http://sourceforge.net/projects/bristol

Nice release! Thank you very much, I'm glad to see that this project is still alive. I was trying to use it with jack but couldn't make it. I passed the flags -audio jack and -jack and it kept connecting through alsa directly (or oss?). What could be wrong?

Thanks!

Hector.