Re: Java and native MIDI ports

torbenh@xxxxxx wrote :

the virmidi device acts as a bridge between alsa-seq midi ports and
raw-midi ports. These are two different flavours.

You need to connect your app to the virmidi RAW ports,
then connect the virmidi SEQ ports via aconnect or qjackctl or whatever

although using aconnect seems easy if java has something like the
system(3) call.

It is working ! Thank you very much !

So, what I did :
- I loaded snd-seq-virmidi ;
- idem for snd-virmidi ;
- In my app : now I can see virmidi RAW ports ;
- I connect natives apps to virmidi SEQ ports (in qjackctl, for example) ;
- In my app : I connect virmidi RAW ports as I want (via Transmitters and Receivers of all my ports) ;
- Everything works !

Thank you again ! :)

Cheers,

AD