Re: Java and native MIDI ports

Christoph Eckert <ce@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote :

My problem is about opening those virtuals MIDI ports. I know how to
do that with the ALSA API, but I would like to get that job done in
Java. In fact, I wanna code my whole sofware in Java.

JSynthLib optionally uses Tritonus as a MIDI provider; I guess it's what
you want to use.

Tritonus seems to be an old project (no release since september 2000) and to be tricky to get working. Using the JAVA Sound API would be more elegant, in my opinion... In the link given in my previous post, it is told that accessing natives applications MIDI ports is possible, so I would prefer to use that way. Does someone did that yet ?

Thank you,

AD