beatroot

I'm trying to get beatroot to run on a system based on Suse 10 (but with many audo and MIDI apps recompiled from source to get later versions).

I am having dificulties due to the fact that I have the JRE version 1.4 installed, which I want to keep, but beatroot needs 1.3.

I have made some progress; I installed JRE 1.3 from the sources from Sun, but am not sure how in general have JRE 1.3 coexist with 1.4. I have gotten to the point where beatroot runs, but fails to find the shared java libs.

Any help from someone who has gone through a similar setup would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Larry