Re: linuxsampler distortion?

Lee Revell wrote:
On Wed, 2006-04-05 at 17:40 -0400, Paul Winkler wrote:

Hmmm, but sometimes I get it under JACK too, with realtime priority
and all... will try again later.

What soundcard, sample rate, ALSA driver version?

This sound similar to some problems people were having running emu10k1
devices at 44.1KHz, which disappeared when using 48KHz.

Well, not for me I have to say... I still have this "distortion/phasing"
(depending on buffer size) problem also at 48KHz with my emu10k1 SBLive.
It also happened with the others soundcards I owned: a couple SBLive emu10k1, ForteMedia fm801, various onboard intel8x0, even with no xruns even with every device on its own IRQ, from kernel 2.4.20 (maybe) with lowlat+preempt patches to 2.6.x vanilla & -rt patches from Ingo Molnar with IRQ priorities set, along various versions of ALSA and JACK from 5 years now, all built from source... I also posted the problem (and a silly workaround that I was using :) ) on this list, and it started a thread you can read at
http://lalists.stanford.edu/lau/2005/08/0096.html

Then I bought an M-Audio Delta44 and the difference is huge. I own it since september 2005 and the distortion/phasing problem (more phasing than distortion, as i run it at 2x128 48KHz all the time) has happened only three-four times maybe. Yes, it is certainly not often. BUT, it still happens, even on this good ice1712 card. :(

With immutated hope for the future,
--
          salvuz
     POST FATA RESVRGO