Re: Re: Skype + emu10k1

Lee Revell wrote:
On Mon, 2006-04-03 at 21:27 +0200, Johannes Mario Ringheim wrote:

Carlo Capocasa wrote:

This give me hope. Maybe proprietary technology IS inherently inferior!

Dunno, but, the IT-personell of my local university banned Skype after they discovered it turns itself into a server if it detects good enough bandwith after some time online. This server is then used to distribute other people's calls. In other words, it uses your bandwidth for it's own business without telling you.

Well, I don't see a problem with that, Skype is a P2P app - of course
it's a client and a server.

I'd just like to know if one person has it working with the emu10k1
driver.

I had it working with SB live 5.1 platinum, I had to play with mixer forever to get acceptable level of capture, I still don't know what fixed it. However regarless of volume level it was pretty smooth, about the same as phone

However this was done using a friend's skype on the other end, don't remember whether I got echo working...

  my experiments were done using:

  skype-1.2.0.18
  alsa that comes with kernel 2.6.11
  DSL line (on both ends)