Re: question about jackd/qjackctl options

On 4/1/06, Paul Davis <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> actually, this is the opposite of the intent.
>
> softmode is there mostly for people who want to use JACK in, for
> example, live situations where the occasional xrun is not a disaster.
> they want realtime latency settings, but don't want any clients kicked
> out if there is an xrun. if the watchdog doesn't work in softmode, its a
> bug.
>
> --p

Wow, this explains a lot for me.  I'm trying to use it live, but I
have never checked the softmode options.  Many of my apps produce
xruns when they start, and thus the client disconnects.  It's good to
know there may be a way to avoid this.

--
Josh Lawrence
http://www.hardbop200.com