Re: Re: [Alsa-user] VxPocket and hotplug - need help getting it working

Lee Revell wrote:
On Wed, 2006-03-22 at 11:49 +0100, Asbjørn Sæbø wrote:
I do not know what a suitable solution might be.  Paid-for support
could be an alternative. A vendor selling "certified" hardware and combinations of hardware might be another. I know that I have spent more than a full week trying to solve my problem now (and more before that), and would probably be willing to pay something for qualified help. The fact still remains, though, that the deepest insight into alsa is found among the developers. So, for the hardest problems, the developers would probably still have to be involved. And there we are again.
What error does "vxloader" give when trying to load the firmware?

It's possible that this driver has bitrotted - the only other reference
I see to it on LAU before your message is a similar issue in 2004.

Does anyone out there have one of these working with recent ALSA
versions?

I missed the beginnings of this thread ... Is the issue with a digigram vxpocket? what specific model (if there are more than one ...) ?

I know RFA has a number of digigram cards around, none of which are currently in use. I'm pretty sure one is a vxsomething-or-other. I'm not a developer anywhere near the level of Lee's accomplishment, but I've done a good bit of code debugging, including a little driver work. I'll try to find the cards once I get into the office today. Let me know what card we're talking about here. If it matches up, I'll see what I can do to help.

-Eric Rz.