Re: Re: Hardware samplers

Erik de Castro Lopo wrote:
Gordonjcp wrote:

Incidentally, I've written a .wav to .syx converter to turn a sample
into a sysex file that you can just fire into the venerable Ensoniq
Mirage sampler.  Great for crunchy gritty drums, especially with the
analogue filters.

libsndfile reads and writes SDS files as well.

I'm using libsndfile to read the audio files.  The main reason I'm using
.wav at the moment is that I know exactly how many samples long the
sound is when I edit in Audacity (or whatever).  The Mirage can only
accept a maximum of 64kB per dump (one half of the memory - yes, 128kB x
8 bit sampling).

Gordon.