Re: Hardware samplers

Josh Lawrence wrote:
On 3/10/06, Cesare Marilungo <cesare@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
But, how can I create my own Gigasamples, or what else are they called? Is
there only Windows software?

Thanks!

Carotinho

MHO:  There's no point in wasting your time.  There is a vast
commercial market of fine samples out there to be had, and I don't see

See, that is *exactly* what is wrong with the Windows world of music. Some of us remember the Bad Old Days of the mid-80s, when every second track you heard on the radio entirely consisted of standard Linn drum samples and factory DX7 patches.

I don't know about anyone else, but I almost never use factory samples, with the notable exception of the strings and piano samples for my Ensoniq Mirage. Everything else is created from scratch. Well, maybe I nick the odd breakbeat, but even at that I'd prefer to sample it myself so that any treatments fit correctly around the track I'm working on.

Gordon.