Re: Re: Marketing Free Music

> Digg for music would be cool! I don't know that Digg's source isavailable, but it sure would be easily adaptable, I think. We'd stillneed a big host for it though.
This is a great idea. We need the links, so that anyone who discoverssome good freemusic can easily find more; and we need the logos(though they'll be optional of course) for the brand-recognitionfactor; and we need the network effects, so that users bring in moreusers and better recommendations (or however it works).
I don't know if we really need a big server - LinuxAudio.org (if thefreemusic digg is to be there) wouldn't have to host the files, justprovide links to everyone's home page, or archive.org, or googlepages,or whatever.
On the subject of mp3s v ogg, I think it'd be great to have a mixture,because there *will*, if the initiative is even slightly successful,be lots of clueless users and people with hardware that can't playogg. But there will inevitably be a strong ogg presence, and having aproportion of oggs without corresponding mp3s will create a strongtry-ogg-out effect.
James
PS I have 3 fans, including girlfriend & brothers.