Re: Re: Totally OT

Frank Barknecht wrote:

Hallo,
Maluvia hat gesagt: // Maluvia wrote:

We can, however, put a nice frame around our art. If we are artists we
will know if it hurts our art or not and we can easily find out which
type of frame that will be perceived as 'honorable'. Personally, I find
there is a great depth of that kind of art available in the commercial
music field. They sure know how to frame things.
Absolutely! Images sell!

I can only recommend to get a real designer or artist to do covers,
websites etc. Don't let a pure PHP-coder near the design of your
website and don't let a pure musician do the print cover of a CD.

There are people who studied long how to do this much better. Never
believe, that just because you know beauty if you see it you would be
able to create a good design yourself. It takes much more than that,
just as making music takes much more than being able to recognize a
melody.

Ciao
Frank, I totally disagree with you on this!!!!! :-)

I can't believe you wrote this words. :-)

Seriously, if you're right, then your music (like mine) should stink since you're also a coder and you can't do both things as good as somebody who is just a musician or a developer.

My friends you're talking about marketing here. And marketing is crucial in our society to sell products. Art should not be a product. How can I believe your music is sincere if you communicate with a website full of marketing tricks?

BTW, I've made my own album covers.

c.
--
www.cesaremarilungo.com