Re: Totally OT (was Rhythm Galaxy vol.1 drum/percussion sample library)

The issue here is really if this mailing list is the appropriate place to advertise commercial and non-free products. Because we usually deal with free/open source software on these lists, and a large portion of the people here share music under a free license.

Since the original posting here was about a commercial product, I thought it was inappropriate ('cause spam isn't allow, I can't see how this is any different) and wondered if he might be interested in reciprocating to the community in a more libre way. (I only asked this because I only use free software and liberated resources (sounds, samples, patches et cetera) and most of my friends do too; we release our materials under free license).

Just wanted to explain my reason for asking him. I didn't want to tell him NOT to ask for money for his product (however I do question the appropriateness of posting it here).

Cheers,
Petter Sundlöf