Re: Re: LinuxMAO.org, a french Linux Audio Wiki

Lee Revell wrote:

You seem to be comparing cultured Europeans to American hicks, but you
can go to the south of France or the mountains of Switzerland and find
people who are the European equivalent of dumb ass rednecks in the US.

So true.

Britain is just as bad or worse. I spent years feeling culturally impoverished, despite living in a country that has history on its history. There is something to be said for having a cultural connection to the land by birthright, which is something only Native Americans get over there. I believe culture is a product of people's reactions and relationship to their environment, so actually all culture is valid, even if it's only 30 years old, like rave culture. The exciting thing is that culture is a living thing that we are all inextricably part of, so it's next to impossible to attempt to get an outside perspective.

We need to stop looking to other cultures for salvation and realise that we are the people we've been waiting for ... and get on with it.

And you're right, this has nothing whatsoever to do with Linux Audio in French. ;)

cheers,

tim hall
/|\