Re: Re: LinuxMAO.org, a french Linux Audio Wiki

I don't know what part of America you live in, but there's TONS of
culture where I am.  Maybe you didn't get into the city enough.

Just for the sake of sake of clarity, I will define my definition of culture for this message as Individual Culture, or culture that identifies you from the rest.

Unfortunatly it is actually very little comparitively and fading fast. I currently line in a city, and have toured to most cities as part of my work(Musical Theater Engineer, Touring shows pay well).

I have also spent a fair amount of time touring europe on occasion, and have to agree, there was much more culture there than I had ever seen in America. I also have seen what little culture is in america that is individualistic is fading fast anbd being replaced by large corporations, chain restaurants snuffing out the local flavor of restaurant and the like.

Also though America does tend to fight learning other languages(I wont speak for Britain). Just take how much effort is put into teaching a second language in school. Most countries teach at least two languages from the start, but in america how many people remember a fraction of what they had to learn to graduate 5 years later? We are at best forced to take 4 semesters of it here, but 24-32 semesters of english. the amount of difference is startling.

          Seablade