Re: Free Software vs. Open Source: Where do *you* stand?

always fun to read these things.I would say I'm in the middle on all three.  I would really like tosee more commercial potential for free and open software.  I like thesense of community F/OS (yes I'm lumping them together, gasp!) stuff. If developers let the community get their hands in development at all,you get at least that much freedom back.    This also hinges oncommunity interest.  Like I don't care about Firefox at all really.  Irun it, but I don't have plugins for it etc.  So I don't feelliberated by Firefox except in the sense I know that it's an opensystem and if I felt like it, I could get extensions for it.  I'm nottotally sold on the notion that this stuff works better, yet.  I thinkworking towards community goals instead of marketing goals willdefinitely yield some great niche software (slick audio tools andjibber-jabber-free desktop computing), but most people really want tohitch their wagon to a microsoft etc.I really like the feel of open source, mainly PD now, ardour lookscool.  I like that you need to get your hands dirty, even though  Istill haven't gotten my linux audio setup running.