Re: favorite window Manager for making music?

Mark Knecht wrote:
On 2/19/06, pirrone <pirrone@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Brian,

Strong preference for Fluxbox.

I second all the good stuff about fluxbox technically and its low
system resource usage, but as a day to day environment for running
stuff like Crossover Office, Open Office, etc., I got too tired having
to make all my menus by hand.

- Mark

Geez Mark, a vigorous young man like yourself. The shame! How hard is [exec] (Ardour) {ardour -n} or running menumaker?

Actually, and joking aside as I'm kidding you and it's been a long time since we've "talked" with the last being probably about Fluxbox as well, I truly appreciate "having" to make my menus by hand since not only is it quick and easy but it results in precisely what I what to then be able to use. For me Fluxbox, with groups and keys provides the absolutely optimized environment for exactly what I am doing. There's no way things would simply shake out like this in one of the automated desktops - KDE, Gnome, and the high-priced spreads. I understand the straightforward simplicity of graphically editing menus using desktop tools but truly feel I have much more at my disposal with this environment, not less. Not less in any way.

Frank