glissando intro

Hello list,

I'm working on a new piece and I need a some intro. I was thinking of doing something funky with a softsynth and a glissando. Think along the lines of the beginning of "Threshold" from the Steve Miller Band (or the opening of Jungle Love, also from Steve). I can't figure out how to do a glissando in Rosegarden, so does anyone of yous out there know that trick or some other way of making some weirdo sounds? Cheers,

Hans