Re: Re: Audio apps

Loki Davison wrote:

On 2/18/06, Renato Fabbri <renatoftato@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I received a list of cool audio apps. I am passing on
to share and so I can get some comments (want to know
your favorities):

Audio editors (a la cooledit):
Audacity - http://audacity.sourceforge.net/
Snd - http://www-ccrma.stanford.edu/software/

Multichannel recorder (a la protools):
Ardour - http://ardour.sourceforge.net/

Graphic programing (a la max):
PD - http://iem.kug.ac.at/pd/ e
http://www.pure-data.org/about/

Sequencers (a la cubase ou logic):
MusE - http://muse.seh.de/
Rosegarden -
http://www.all-day-breakfast.com/rosegarden/

Synthesis (a la csound):
Csound :-) http://csounds.com/

Effects (??):
ecasound - http://www.wakkanet.fi/~kaiv/ecasound/
jack rack - http://pkl.net/~node/jack-rack.html
freqtweak - http://freqtweak.sourceforge.net/

Algorithmic Composition:
CommonMusic -
http://commonmusic.sourceforge.net/doc/index.html
AthenaCL - http://www.flexatone.com/athena.html

server for real time apps
jack - http://jackit.sourceforge.net/

Where you can find everything in linux made for audio:
http://linux-sound.org/

http://mail.yahoo.com

Apart from ardour, jack and sometimes muse this list includes nothing
i actually use.
Where is seq24, sweep, om, whysynth, etc. Guess different things for
different people...

Loki

Ecasound is becoming one of my favourite music apps. And I've just discovered the great Sooperlooper.

Also Muse is very promising.

c.
--
www.cesaremarilungo.com