Re: [OT] Guitar amp

Lee Revell wrote:
On Fri, 2006-02-17 at 21:41 -0800, Russell Hanaghan wrote:
Recently though, I picked up a Peavey Delta Blues with a single 15" speaker. For some reason they dont command a lot of money but have a nice "not unlike Fender" tone. I got mine for $300.00 and love the thing! They are on Ebay and Craigslist for this kind of money frequently. They have EL84's in back and 12ax7's for preamp. And there
is the Fender Hotrod...all tube also....and you can find them for $350
- $450 on EB & CL.

Thanks, this is what I was looking for, I'll check these out.  It can be
tough to find a tube amp that sounds good at low volume, and I'm OK with
solid state amps too.

Much like anything else in music, personal taste is very subjective.
My style and musical taste ranges from Tele and Strat inherent styles (Country Rock, some jazz, pop & Rock) and I would use any of the above mentioned amps for what I do.

Yup, same here, I play a ~1998 custom shop Strat that I think is
supposed to be a copy of a '72 Strat.  But, I also like to be able to
get a nice metal sound sometimes...

Lee

I have a '78 Strat with a set of Noiseless in it. It sounds warm thru this amp. The pre amp overdrive is actually quite nice in this amp too...but the EMG's in my custom Nashville Tele drive it much better. Nice useful overdrive without too much mush on the harmonics but the HSH configured EMG's help that along immensely.

I've been buying a ton of gear lately and if I run across one at a reasonable price, I'll let you know. Keep me posted if you buy something else. I hit the Pawn shops in Reno regularly (where I got this one) and theres lots of good gear shows on the SF Craiglist site but you have to jump on the good deals obviously.

I'm selling my Mesa Boogie MkII C+ but it's not a mellow amp. It is all original and in great shape but Older boogies tend to be unwieldy in the tone they produce. This one is like fingernails down a blackboard compared to the other 2 amps.

R~