Re: capturing through plugins

conrad berh?rster:

Hello,
here is the next , hmmm, challenge.
i want to capture the audo output of xine, the Video player. I have read
somewhere, that it is possible through the alsa-jack plugin, since xine has
alsa.
so a possible way, i'm thinking of is
xine -> alsa-lib -> alsa-plugin -> jack -> myapp

the first step is to jackify xine. is there any experience with this topic.

Sure, I do that all the time with libjackasyn. In my experience, xine with
libjackasyn works much better than mplayer with jack output because mplayer doesn't do proper resampling.

$ jackstart xine movie.avi
(it goes thru esd which works just excellent with libjackasyn)

http://gige.xdv.org/libjackasyn/