Re: More music

Steve D wrote:

[re: Arabesque]

... I hope to have a score
ready in a few weeks (in PDF form, notated using LilyPond), at which
time it will be uploaded to the directory at my webspace that contains
the few other scores I have created:

http://www.xscd.com/pub/music/scores__notation/
Cool. If you don't mind I might take a swing at arranging Arabesque for two guitars. Please advise if that's kosher with you.

Some time I would love to hear a recording of someone else (a better
pianist--my hands are very small and fingers short, with barely an
octave's reach) playing one of my pieces.
I noticed your birth date on the score. You're a year younger than me. One of the reasons I want to get my pieces scored is because I simply can't play them anymore, not like I used to. I have a hope that perhaps a performing classical guitarist will pick them up, and I plan to enter them in whatever contests or competitions are appropriate.

Btw, is LilyPond not the shiznitz ?! I'm just amazed at the results I'm getting. I've been placing some stuff here if you're interested :

   http://linux-sound.org/dlp-music-lilypond/

That page is the first in a series of pages I'm planning to demonstrate Linux audio software, i.e., sequencing, notation, hard-disk recording, etc. Hopefully I'll soon get some of my piano music notated and put up there too.

Thanks for your music, Steve. It's always good stuff. :)

Best,

dp