ingo molnar patch on mandriva's kernel

if i try to recompile mandriva's kernel multimedia i see that there's the voice "processors type and features --> preemptible kernel". i think it's not ingo molnar's complete preemtion patch because i don't manage to have low latency with my daw even if i have an audiophile2496 which should work at low latency.

so i would like to recompile my kernel multimedia with ingo molnar's patch.

is it possible to apply the patch to mandriva's kernel or i must recompile an official kernel from kernel.org? is ingo molnar's patch the only step i have to take to have a low-latency kernel?

thank you
bye
emanuele