Re: Programming a Yamaha DX 7

Markus Herhoffer wrote:

I friend of me has an original Yamaha DX 7 Synth. The board sounds
really great but it is extremely difficult to program. There were some
commercial programs for Atari to program the synth with a GUI in the
late 80ies, but they dont't run on x86. Is there any free software for
Linux available?
JSynthLib includes a DX/TX editor:

   http://www.jsynthlib.org/

Or you can try running some of that Atari software on Xsteem:

   http://steem.atari.st/

See this link for the freeware Atari MIDI stuff:

   http://tamw.atari-users.net/timidi.htm

In my experience Xsteem does a pretty good job with MIDI apps. Your mileage may vary. Personally I prefer JSynthLib, it's a fine utility, works very well with my TX802 and my K4r.

HTH.

Best,

dp