 package called libavcodeccvs from the xjadeo repository. This
eliminated the compile-error, wich was the same for me as yours. I
guess xjadeo is picky on versions of deps installed.

But:

After having encoded the mpeg-file i'm trying with mencoder, as described in the xjadeo README, I only get a blank window. The output
is:

------------ djauto@djautolaptop:~/skjer$ sudo xjadeo yomtv.avi & [3]
12417 djauto@djautolaptop:~/skjer$ Input #0, avi, from 'yomtv.avi': Duration: 00:04:44.0, start: 0.000000, bitrate: 2945 kb/s Stream
#0.0, 29.97 fps(r): Video: mpeg4, yuv420p, 352x240 original frame
rate: 29.97 length in seconds: 284 total frames: 8511 ------------

...so everything should be ok, no? Can someone help us further? Does it work for you, Hector?

Did you try playing music inside Rosegarden, Muse, Ardour, etc? xjadeo
won't show anything until the Jack transport gets rolling.

I built xjadeo last from source on Gentoo, it worked without any effort.

--
Brett McCoy: Programmer by Day, Guitarist by Night
http://www.alhazred.com