Re: rosegarden+dssi

hi nigel,
i've installed dssi and hexter. i manage to start hexter by typing in a console
"$ jack-dssi-host hexter.so".

the problem is that in rosegarden if i clic to "Composition --> Studio --> Manage Synth Plugins" the windows is blank.
the only way i manage to use soft-synth and rosegarden is this:
- first i load a soft-synth (not only hexter but also ZynAddSubFx which is not a dssi soft-synth)
- then i make the correct jack connection
- then in rosegarden i do this "right click on midi track --> midi software devices --> midi software device #1"

if i do this procedure, then on the left side of the windows ("Parametri dello strumento" in the italian version of rosegarden, i think "Instrument setting" or something like this in the english versione of rosegarden) i can read the name of the instrument (hexter or zynadd.).

i think this is not the way to manage dssi by rosegarden, because i'm not using rosegarden as host to load dssi soft-synth, but jack-dssi-host.

after i wrote my mail, i reed that a lot of version of rosegarden which are included with variuos distribution are not compiled with dssi support, also demudi's version of rosegarden. i think this is the problem.

so i downloaded rosegarden source. i installed all the depencies and the "$ ./configure" command told me that all is ok.
but when i give the command "$ make" it tells me this error:
----------------
[...]
Colour.C:166: error: explicit qualification in declaration of `Rosegarden::Colour Rosegarden::getCombinationColour(const Rosegarden::Colour&, const Rosegarden::Colour&)'
make[2]: *** [Colour.lo] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/bobo/src/rosegarden-4-1.0/base'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/bobo/src/rosegarden-4-1.0'
make: *** [all] Error 2

i don't know why.

i'll continue using dssi with jack-dssi-host.....

bye bye
emanuele