Re: Some various questions about system configuration..

On Thu February 2 2006 12:57, cdr wrote:
> > > I am hoping Dapper shatters my expectations, considering
> > > they're pitting it against Vista and want it to be very
> > If they want to pit it against Vista they'd better get off
> > their butts and get streaming video in Firefox working.  75%
> are you just being a "troll" ? all i had to do was type:
> emerge mplayer-plugin win32codecs (which even works on amd64

Unless Ubuntu added portage support recently, I'm thinking you
guys are talking about two different distributions.

Of course mplayer-plugin works if you have all the illegally
redistributed win32 codecs.  I'm guessing the Ubuntu guys don't
want to get sued and therefore don't include them.

Rob