Re: Some various questions about system configuration..

Dana Olson wrote:

Third question, ReiserFS vs Ext3 vs XFS vs JFS etc. Is there a
filesystem that should or shouldn't be used with realtime-preemption?
On the Knoppmyth (1) wiki they suggest moving to XFS for a noticable increase in speed when dealing with larger data files. I have no idea how much this could help, but if it is quicker in general then I would imagine it would be better suited to realtime-preemption. I dont know, just throwing it out there. :)

1. Knoppmyth is a homebrew pvr - http://www.mysettopbox.tv