Re: pmcd app

Sylvain Robitaille wrote:

On Tue, 31 Jan 2006, Lee Revell wrote:

What in the hell is PMCD?

It seems to be (though today was the first I ever heard of it myself):

     * PMCD: is an acronym for a "Pre Master CD", when used for the
       manufacturing or replication of CD's. The "Master" in which is
       referred, in manufacturing terms is a "Glass Master"
(http://www.asimusic.com/mastering.html)

It doesn't seem to me that any specific software is required, so much
as specific conditions be met when creating the CD.

Hmm.. I don't know. I know that some plants only accept PMCDs. They make the glass masters from it. Sony's CD-Architect can output PMCD, so I was trying to find more info on it and any Linux sw.

--

*Brad Fuller*
+1 (408) 799-6124