Re: JACK/ALSA Problems

Hi Mick,
  You appear to be running Jack in a terminal? Give qjackctl a try.

Yes, most of my Linux experience has been configuring servers by fiddling on the command line, or writing web code. Old habits die hard!

I grabbed Qjackctl and it sure makes a difference. I'm now getting sound out of CheeseTracker and Rosegarden. The fact that some of these programs connect themselves is pretty cool.

Rosegarden looks like a phenomenal piece of work, that is what I've been looking for I think. Big learning curve with all the MIDI stuff, but that's what life is for!

I'm also looking for a lighter "live" solution for playing with samples etc (bass and percussion and effects) along with "real" musos.

Great stuff.

Thanks all for the tips
Mick