Re: notation

Thanks
Also if you get a chance I encourage you to try Denemo again and instead of just leaving write all the things that you don't like so we can use the constructive critisisim to make Denemo better.

To further anwer your request: take care that Denemo imports/exports in correctly.

The one thing I consider important is compatibility. With Rosegarden I can input a score or import a .mid, export it as a .ly-file or as .mid. With Lilypond I can export as .pdf, .ps or .mid, of which the latter can be imported into Rosegarden. With Hydrogen I can export as .mid .wav and .h2song and import all of these into Rosergarden.

They all work together because of resonably standard formats. I don't know about Denemo and its XML file format and I haven't tried its midi-import result, but for me the combination Rosegarden/Hydrogen/Lilypond works and that's all I need.

I am only a home-musician having some fun recording some stuff. I use Linux because I refuse to be locked into a proprietry platform. And I really mean "use", as I am no geek or programmer. If it works out of the box I use it, otherwise there has to be a real itch before I investigate further. As I wrote before, Denemo doesn't work out of the box, I have what I need, so no need to check it out further. That doesn't mean I am opposing Denemo, as I am sure there are people who find it a valuable program. It simply isn't me. HTH, --Hans