[linux-audio-user] Re: Using LinuxSampler

Feeling an urgent need to tell about my partly new setup :-)

On 9/25/05, Denis Bussieres <bussman@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I was wondering how you guys are set-up when you use  LinuxSampler. Do
> you have a dedicated machine, run everything on the same turbocharged
> state-of-the-art box, or whatever?
> As for myself I run LinuxSampler standalone, controlled via MIDI from my
> ancient Atari 1040ST. I then capture the output with Qarecord. I then
> dump the tracks into Ardour to record other instruments. Kind of a
> roundabout way, but my machine is getting old. I'm looking to build a
> new one and I'd love to hear your ideas concerning a future set-up.

My big PC (P4 2,8GHz, 512MB Ram) runs everything on one box: ardour,
qsampler (+linuxsampler), zynaddsubfx, hydrogen, effects...

My new notebook (Turion64, 1.8GHz, 1GB Ram) is setup for the same
action but to new to be tested as I have it only since Wednesday.
Still I think it will take the heat of a big ardour-session. Another
usage I have in mind for it is: using it as effects-box for my bass,
running hydrogen for drums and possibly qsampler for the keyboarder so
she/he can play some nice sounds.

But as I said the big pc does all the mentioned, most times I even
have KDE running while doing audio-work...

Have a nice day,

Arnold

PS: I am trying to upgrade the memory of the big one, so it doesn't
stand behind from the laptop :-)
--
visit http://dillenburg.dyndns.org/~arnold/
---