[linux-audio-user] Re: help needed with JACK options

I am not a real jack-expert but I will try to answer some questions:

On 9/5/05, Dave Phillips <dlphillips@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> 2) I understand audio dithering conceptually, but what would be a
> typical situation when I would enable it in JACK ?

I think that makes it possibly to run jack on other samplerates than
the one supported by the soundcard. this would be needed if you want
to open an ardour-session recorded at 96kHz on a PC with only
48kHz-capable hardware...

> 3) Is there any particular good reason a user would *not* want -R enabled ?

If you want to test/use an jack-app which isn't able to gain
realtime-rights due to bad configuration.
Or if gaining realtime crashes the pc.

> 4) Regarding the "Force 16-bit" option: When would a normal user want to
> activate this option ?

If card/driver crash while trying to open the device with more than 16bit?
Shouldn't happen but who knows...

--
visit http://dillenburg.dyndns.org/~arnold/
---