[linux-audio-user] Re: Need a new 'pooter

Some basic tips, without prices:

On 11/12/05, Bungee <bungee@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> The obvious solution is to build a completely new system specifically for
> sound
> work, but I am totally baffled by the choices. MB, Processor, Memory, Sound
> Card, and on, and on...

Processor: Either a P4 or a AMD64, the amds are cheaper and have more power :-)
MB: Something that is suitable for the processor and has the needed
connectors for hd etc.
Memory: As much as possible! Personally I prefer Kingston as they give
warranty for the full lifetime and I had much trouble with cheap
memory.

Sound card: Thats a real question and depends on your needs...

Arnold

--
visit http://dillenburg.dyndns.org/~arnold/
---