[linux-audio-user] 8ins/8outs (analog) plus MIDI Audio card ?

Le Lundi 09 Mai 2005 22:41, Kevin Cosgrove a ?crit?:
> On 9 May 2005 at 10:16, Jan Depner <eviltwin69@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >     You're supposed to be able to connect the 1010s together.  There was
> > a thread on the list a while back about doing that but I don't remember
> > what the result was.
>
> One would think you *should* be able to connect them together given
> that each unit would have a sync port.  After reading the history on
> this in archives and elsewhere it seems that nobody has ever managed
> to make this work yet.  Some people doubt if it can be made to work,
> but then why have the feature available in hardware?
>
> I'm interested to see someone demonstrate this ability before I buy a
> 2nd 1010, which I like by the way.

Well my only experience in this matter was with my two sekd arcs 88 : there
was a cable linking the two cards supposed to hardware-sync them together.
The system is still working fine (a few samples behind on the slave, here and
there , but nothing I ever had to worry about).

They were good 16 bits cards after all, if you ask... Sad there isnt any
support for them anymore (and no ALSA).