[linux-audio-user] No capturing in 2.6.12.2

Christoph Eckert wrote:
> * My USB card has always been card 2 (or even three) on
> 2.6.10. This is the first day that the USB card is card 0
>
> * The USB card now remains as card 0 even in 2.6.10?!?

To make sure that each card gets its proper card number even when the
driver modules are loaded in a different order, check that each driver
has the "index" option set in /etc/modprobe.conf, e.g.:

options snd-intel8x0 index=0
options snd-intel8x0m index=1
options snd-usb-audio index=2

> * After a reboot the mixer settings are never restored, all
> controls are set to 0. I added alsa to the boot process, and
> when shutting down it tells me "Storing mixer levels", but
> these do not get restored for any reason. Can anyone tell me
> which the file is where alsactl stores the settings?

/etc/asound.state, written by "alsactl store" and read by "alsactl
restore".

> Besides the modules.conf,

2.6.x kernels use modprobe.conf

> are there further alsa configuration files which I could delete to
> avoid such weird behaviours due to old config files?

No.

> Should I have installed drivers of the same version as the lib?

Usually yes, but when you're using different kernels it's best just to
use the latest lib.

HTH
Clemens