[linux-audio-user] Re: yet more music

james@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> On Mon, 11 Jul, 2005 at 11:04PM -0500, Jeremiah Benham spake thus:
>> On Mon, Jul 11, 2005 at 06:25:31PM +0100, james@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>> > On Mon, 11 Jul, 2005 at 07:45AM -0500, Jeremiah Benham spake thus:

>> > You mean all those little circles with tails?
>> >
>> > Whichever route I take, looks like I'll have to learn *something*!
>> >
>> > :)
>>

>> I am sure midi is fine also. Or it can be recorded and learned by ear.
>> That may be a little more effort though.
>>
>> I was impressed by artifical feedback that you got when simulating the
>> guitar sound.
>
> Well, I did what I never do: put distortion after reverb.  It sounds
> horrible, because the crackling goes everywhere in the spread and
> sounds like a bad recording.  But, with more reverb afterwards to make
> it sound intentional, it sounded quite nice for a distorted lead.

On the subject of plugins, I was just listening to a few of your (very
nice) tracked pieces on your website. In a couple of them it sounds
like you have a filter frequency automation (dn505 there is a 303-like
resonance tweak I think, and dumbstuff has a rising filter at the
beginning on the first bassline). I was not aware this sort of thing
was possible with Cheesetracker. Would you mind saying how it was
done? The only ways I could think of was by routing through jack rack
or a modular synth patch, but then I think you would have to record
the filtered track on its own as cheesetracker only has stereo
outputs, or alternatively by tweaking the plugins live?

All the best,

James