[linux-audio-user] DeMudi + security

Last Friday 08 July 2005 15:37, Kevin Sookocheff was like:
> Recently there has been news that Debian is lacking in security updates
> (http://linux.slashdot.org/linux/05/07/05/217225.shtml?tid=90). ?

Fixed four days ago AFAIU.

> I've been
> pondering installing DeMudi for a while but want to know what people think
> of these security problems. ?

Insignificant.

> I don't particularly like red-hat so keep that
> in mind. ?Does anyone use Mandrake for pro-audio. ?It's what I'm most
> familiar with but I don't want to have a mountain of configuration problems
> to get real-time performance. ?What about Ubuntu with the DeMudi packages?
> ?Is this relatively easy to setup?

Ubuntu/DeMuDi can work, but the easiest approach is simply to install
A/DeMuDi-1.2.1, which has just been released this week. If you don't want to
deal with config problems this is almost certainly the way to go.

cheers,

tim hall
http://glastonburymusic.org.uk