[linux-audio-user] emu10k1 multichannel support

On Sun, 2005-01-30 at 23:54 +0100, Arnold Krille wrote:
> Hi Lee, hi all,
>
> On Wednesday 19 January 2005 00:40, Lee Revell wrote:
> > As promised, here's an updated patch to add real multichannel playback
> > support (and improved multichannel capture) to the emu10k1 driver.
>
> I just got around to installing these patched drivers and I must say: Wow!
> Thanks for giving me the long awaited opportunity to access the various
> channels of my sblive!
>
> Now I only need to learn how to use the effects on my card and I need to find
> a livedrive or at least some plans how the connector on the card is built...

Thanks!  I will be posting a new version soon that makes capture work
properly.  The last version I posted had a stupid bug where it captured
the 16 FX buses instead of the 16 external inputs like I had intended.
So you could only capture what you were playing back.  Good for testing
but not too useful.

> Attached is a snipped from my .asoundrc to use these cool features with
> qjackctl which doesn't allow different devices for playback and recording...

I though the same thing but actually qjackctl does support this.  You
just have to select "Duplex" and manually type "hw:0,3" in the Playback
box and "hw:0,2" in the Capture box.  The current version of qjackctl
does not enumerate the ALSA devices for you, though this would be an
easy feature to add.

Lee