[linux-audio-user] Re: Looking for soundcard.

Hi all,

2005/12/18, Christoph Eckert <ce@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> on this years Linuxtag I managed the audio booth. I can well remember a
> participiant who was praising the Tascam all the time, that's why I
> wondered.
> He even used the MIDI port, so do not take my silly question as
> offense :) .
> The guy I'm talking about even is a member of this list, so Arnold, can
> you read us ;-))) ?

Yeah, I can read you! I don't have internet during the weekend...

I am still using my tascam and I am back in a state where I am
praising it! I had some troubles with it in combination with my new
turion64 laptop, but some testing showed that its not a problem with
the tascam or its driver, but with the hd being to slow. Because if I
record into ram or on usb-stick, all is well.

So I think I will save some money next year and get a usb-disk for audio...
But currently all my money is spent, I got the monitors I was dreaming
about on linuxtag!

Have a nice week,

Arnold

--