[linux-audio-user] how to synthesize this sound

On 08/12/05, Atte Andr? Jensen <atte.jensen@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> james@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> > Do you mean the one that sounds like bells?  If you do, then I'm
> > guessing it's... bells.

> I guess that's the one. But I don't think it bells (unless you mean
> synthesized bells), actually I'm quite sure esp since I know what
> instruments are used on this record (they are: analog synths, fender
> rhodes and toy-piano).

Out of those, I'd go for the toy piano :) But it really sounds more like
FM synthesised bells to me. Maybe they used an FM synthesis
technique on analogue equipment somehow, or ring modulation?
(but the sound seems too "digitally tamed" for that, to me.)

- Pete.